maandag 11 februari 2013

Bruxelles est belle.



Last week I got an invitation from a friend of my mother to go to Brussels (at Bozar) and watch the opera 'Drama Queens' by Joyce Didonato. For me an unknown American opera singer, but in the operascene, a real star. I don't know a lot about opera, but what I do know is that I really enjoyed it. Audience shouted Bravissimo and Bravo followed by a standing ovation. Grandissimo! 


Note: The dress she's wearing during the concert was made by Vivienne Westwood. Love it!


I slept in the appartment coup de coeur, close to Zavel and when I woke up I went to the exhibition of Yves Saint Laurent on top of the Kunstberg in the ING Cultural Centre. (Koningsplein, 6) For this exhibition, the Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent Foundation is exceptionally showing a large number of creations from its collection, most of which have never been exhibited before. Jewellery and accessories, as well as drawings, sketches and other unpublished documents come together to reveal the alchemy of the Saint Laurent style. Definitely worth a visit!



Jaques Brel - Bruxelles


C´était au temps où Bruxelles chantait
C´était au temps du cinéma muet
C´était au temps où Bruxelles rêvait
C´était au temps où Bruxelles bruxelait














2 opmerkingen: